1, Kaloyan Str.
The stylish building at the heart of Sofia, at the intersection of Tsar Kaloyan and Alabin street, was completed in 1938, to accommodate the Sofia Popular Bank. Its architect was Raycho Ganev, who graduated at Stuttgart. Corresponding to its intended purpose, it featured a cashiers hall and retail spaces on the ground floor, with the remaining floors dedicated to office spaces.
The building was hit and suffered extensive damage during the British – American bombing raid on Sofia on March 30, 1944. Following comprehensive overhaul of the remains in 1945, drafted by the chief architect of Sofia, Petar Kantardzhiev, it acquired a new architectural face, with simplified Neo-Classical volumes. In 1977, the building of the former Sofia Popular Bank was listed on the national register of cultural monuments, and today is seat of the central of DSK Bank.